Sunday, June 9, 2013

There is a lot to miss about Humboldt...


As excited as I am to get the next part of our lives started, I am also a little sad to leave a bunch of things I love about living in Humboldt behind....here is a peek.  It the 23 years we have been married, 9 of them have been spent here.  It has made quite an impression.



Yup, I gotta give props to the cows....I love them.  



I will miss the big, orange and sometimes very noisy bird that flies over almost every day.  When we lived in Port Orchard I only saw a random CG helo once...as it circled above our house for a while...turns out on a training flight they noticed a house on fire down the street and notified the fire department.




 These three ladies....Cirrus, Leanne and Susan...these ladies made sure I did not lose my mind while living on the lost coast!!!


Old Town Eureka...yeah, it smells like urine and low tide at the same time, but all the old buildings remind you of the history this area has.


The ocean practically in my back yard...every time we go to the beach I am still amazed at the size of the ocean!!  I love the fact that I can hear it roar at night, and the feeling when the fog rolls in.


Christmas here is unlike anywhere else. I love that every weekend is filled with an event or parade.  


Random sculptures....I drove by this horse for months before I realized that it  was made from old tools....like wrenches and such.  The mane and tail are made of bike chains.


This is what built Humboldt....logging.  I am still astounded when I see the size of a redwood tree.  


The lady in the purple coat...she wonders all over town, from one end to the other...usually talking to herself. I have never seen her without the purple coat.  I look for her when I am out and about...and when I don't see her for weeks at a time, I worry about her.  I will miss the very "interesting" people Humboldt attracts.


The crazy stuff we did here...I am sometimes surprised that Elliott has not had us committed or that Kitty has not killed us in our sleep.  Yes, he is wearing pajamas.  We have been our own best entertainment at times!!!


My bird feeders...and the birds they have attracted.  I hope I have a spot for them near a window at our next place like I do here.

No comments:

Post a Comment