Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vacation....the first few days


VACATION…..Week One

Vacation…..should be relaxing right??? At night I sleep like the dead because the days have been exhausting. Exhausting in a good way. Each day has been filled with family, fun and friends! Elliott and I made good time on our drive up and made it in time to pick up Arrielle at work, have a quick hug with my buddy Deana and meet my beautiful grandbabies, Bianca and Adelle…quite possibly the cutest puppies ever! We later picked up Mason at work too. Elliott is staying most of this vacation time with his friend Brandon. They are probably in video game Heaven. My first full day here, I stopped in the bank to say hello to all my WAMU (now Chase) girls, then made my way to my dad’s. Dad and I quickly went back to our old routine, a little bill paying and computer stuff…yummy lunch at Azteca (I cannot explain how much I really miss Mexican food…Humboldt just is not the same in the Mexican food department), and a trip to Wal-Mart…and in typical fashion, I left with a box of stuff. I left with some old bells my mom had hung on the beam in the dining room. I am excited to get them home!

Friday….Mason had the day off and it was also my niece Megan’s 13th birthday. So, Mason and I took her shopping and to Red Robin for lunch! I can hardly believe she is 13. I got a quick glimpse at my nephews too, Ian and Shawn are becoming men…it scares me that all our kids are getting older…they must think I am ancient! The heat…which has been about 30 degrees hotter than a warm day in Eureka…finally got to me and I dropped Mason and Arrielle off at their place and headed to Brandi’s…where I am staying. I watched some tv and drank some tea and feel asleep!

Saturday…what a fun day. Mason and Arrielle were both off work and we planned to celebrate Mason’s birthday a little early. We took the puppies to the fountain park in Bremerton. The pups played in the water…and were loved on by a ton of little kids! We met up with Arrielle’s mom and sister and had calzones for lunch. They were so yummy. We spent some more time at the park…where I got the souvenir sunburn. We stopped for some Coldstone ice cream and headed back to Mason and Arrielle’s place. Where we met up with Arrielle’s dad…we all sat around and laughed at Moneica’s (Arrielle’s youngest sister) funny stories. I had to hustle from there to meet Deana and Kari for dinner at El Sombrero….which is one of my favorite places to eat. We had great food and great conversation!

Sunday…I was all over the place, taking the kids to/from work, picking up a baby gift for Deana, making a stop at the commissary for things I cannot find in Humboldt, and finally getting Deana to her “surprise” baby shower. Surprisingly, we were able to actually pull of the surprise!!

Monday…I took Arrielle to work and picked up Elliott. Elliott and I headed to my dad’s for a little while. Then Eli and I went to what could be considered teenage Hell….we tried to do some back to school shopping…Elliott has a waist that belongs in the boys department and legs that belong in the mens department…so shopping for jeans is a nightmare. We found a couple pairs though, a couple jackets and some shoes too. He wanted to check out Tacoma mall a little and we stumbled onto a Japanese store…it was pretty awesome. He found a couple little goodies. We topped off the day with some Krispy Kreme donuts. When I finally made it back to Brandi’s…I was met with a breakfast scramble for dinner….my kind of dinner, it was delicious.


Tuesday…..it is only 9:32am…I am not sure what today will bring, I am hoping to spend the day with Arrielle.


No comments:

Post a Comment