Sunday, July 25, 2010

Vacation....the last week

Elliott and Bianca
My fab 5....Elliott, Bianca, Mason, Arrielle and Adelle


First...a disclaimer....I do not want anyone to get angry, but the main goal of my vacation, was to see Mason and my Dad. I did not make the rounds of visiting family like I normally would have. I know some will be pissed, but this was my first year of having a son live out of the nest and he was who I wanted to see, and I wanted make sure my dad was doing well too. I am sorry to those I did not see, it was not for lack of love..it was for lack of time.


Let's see...back to vacation.

Tuesday....the 13th. I got to spend that day with Arrielle. She and I have had our ups and downs...which can be typical for mom's of son's and the women the son has chosen to marry...but this trip, I wanted to have time with Arrielle. She has been in our lives for so long now, I do not know what we would do without her. I had the moment this vacation where I saw my son not as my sweet baby, but as a man. Mason and Arrielle have a tiny apartment, they work hard and take care of each other and their two puppies. They do not take hand outs readily...you kinda have to force them. I cannot express how proud I am of them.

Wednesday....I took some time out to spend with a friend going through a rough patch.

Thursday....I took Mason to my dad's...with the puppies. Missy (Dad's Pomeranian, and the Queen of the Slater castle) was not too keen on the puppies...I do not think she liked sharing the attention. The puppies had a great time though...exploring my dad's backyard. Bianca did get car sick on the way there...and I got to see that Mason will be a great daddy someday...he held out his hands to catch the grossness when Bianca threw up. Adelle did fine...she just pooped (again) in the back of the truck!

Friday....I headed back over to my Dad's...to have a quick visit with Aunt Carole and Aunt Grace who were also there that day. We all went out to lunch. It was nice. Friday, I rushed home (back to Brandi's) because we had to hustle to Montesano...a couple hours away. We took their hot rods to a friend of theirs party. I drove the normal car, since Jerry would need it the next day to hustle down to California...but the plan was for Brandi and I to drive her roadster home that night. I was a little scared and pretty excited. The roadster...has no engine cover, no roof, and no seat belts....it is the definition of a hot rod! It was a little chilly, so we bundled up....and headed out. The first couple minutes, are wasted getting used to the noise and the fear you get knowing you are not strapped it....the rest of the two hour drive was pure exhilaration!!! At one time during the ride Brandi told me to look at the stars...we were far from city lights and there were so many stars that it was like the back drop to a Star Wars movie...it was amazing! We even saw a shooting star. It was so much fun!!

Saturday....breakfast with Mason and Arrielle, then we took Arrielle to work and I spent time with Mason until he needed to go to work. Then, I met up with Arrielle later to take the puppies for shots. Those puppies are the apple of my eye...I just love them.

Sunday.....I finally got to see Eclipse...spent some time with Deana and her family. I gave Mason the truck overnight too.

Monday...Mason and Elliott finally saw eachother. We all had breakfast together. Elliott even admitted to missing the bad time Arrielle gives Mason. It was nice to call Lee and tell him I was with all three of our kids (Mason, Elliott and Arrielle) and our grandbaby puppies.

Tuesday...my last full day on vacation. I went to see my dad. We did a Costco run. It was nice...we kinda have a routine and it was nice to see that a year apart did not change it. I hate saying goodbye to my dad....but I left him with a "see you later" in hopes he and Mike will make their way down. I hustled from my dad's to pick up Arrielle at work....we headed back to Bremerton...were a group of friends all met me for dinner...just like the night before I moved away. It was a lot of fun and laughter. Brandi did me a favor and picked up Mason from work in the roadster...he loved it. After my friends had gone, I had to say goodbye to Mason and Arrielle....I did not cry, probably because my heart was so full of pride...I am so proud of them!!

Wednesday.....I did not sleep well. I was up early packing the truck...usually I pack the truck like a Tetris game..everything fits into its own spot. But, this time I had stuff to take home that was either an odd size or had to sit a special way...but after everything was loaded I could still see out the back window, so I was good to go. After a last coffee and bagel at Cornerstone coffee I headed out to pick up my niece, Megan! She is hanging out with us until Mike comes to get her. Then I picked up Elliott and got him loaded in and we headed out. We were on the road when Elliott's friend Brandon called and said he forgot his bike helmet...I said please send it. A few more miles down the road Brandon calls again...Elliott has left his Wii console...ugh, we turned around and went back for it. When we got back to Brandon's...we finally convinced him to come home with us too...so we waited around for him to pack up. Once we were loaded up...and made the last stop at Krispy Kreme, we finally hot the road around 1pm...and we did not get home until 1:30am....due to traffic, a nasty accident...and quote a few potty breaks.

It was a nice vacation...exhausting, I put a lot of miles on the Suburban and she held up like a champ. It is always fun to get away...but I love coming home too.



No comments:

Post a Comment