Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Halfway to 90!!

This is Lee's birthday cake....for his "halfway to 90" birthday. He turned 45 on Saturday. I made him a lemon cake...it was so good...it did not survive long enough to see Monday. I make layer cakes with 3 layers of cake. For this cake I added a little more lemon to the cake mix with some extract and lemon zest, I also used lemon curd in between the layers and I cheated and used ready made frosting. The cake was delicious!!! He had to write a paper for his English class, so he was on the computer most of the weekend. Susan and Emily came that evening and we watched Grown Ups...which was pretty funny! Lee has already used the Itunes card they sent him to download a lot of the songs we heard int he movie. On Sunday night, he said it was a great weekend...what more can I ask for!

I did something on Sunday....something I used to love. I sat on the couch and cross stitched the day away....it was awesome. I used to stitch all the time....from morning to night, for years...then I just stopped...the usual "life is busy" excuse. I cannot explain how nice it was to see all the little x's begin to make a picture. I hope I can continue it....I don't want to add ANOTHER piece to my stash of unfinished stuff.

My Front Office Medical Assistant class began today...so far so good. I love learning and I have really enjoyed these courses. I think I would like to take more in this field..we shall see.

Well...the dishes are calling me...more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment