Friday, July 29, 2011

The last week of July...

Another shot of Wizard Island, at Crater Lake

This has been one of those weeks...ugh!  Sometimes, I get a little moody....yeah, really..I do!  This week was especially crank and just yucky!  I hate to blame it on being a girl...but sometimes that is half of the problem.  I just really missed my mom this week.  When I have questions, especially about being a girl, that is when I tend to miss her a lot....she was my go to person.  I cannot very well ask my dad about signs of menopause.  So, I gather intel from books and the internet...all the while in the back of my mind, wishing I would have asked her more questions.  I always felt I had the benefit of time...but sometimes you don't get that luxury.  

Not only was this week emotional, it was frustrating as Hell!  We registered Elliott for his classes at College of the Redwoods.  We go to pay his tuition and they have him classified as a non-resident of California....which added $3200, to the cost of his classes.   Yikes!!!  We made the call....I am slowly learning how to not do everything for him...to admissions to get it straightened out.  The woman we spoke to said it would be cleared up in a couple hours, and to try to pay later.  We go in to pay and his tuition bill went from almost $3600 to $22.....turns out when they switched his residency status (big pain in the rear, by the way...for goodness sake he was born in California), he qualified for a California Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOG), which covered his remaining tuition balance.  Woo-hoo....I did my happy dance and then did some research to make sure he really did qualify.  The best part...this fee waiver will likely cover his next semesters courses as well.  Elliott is taking English, Psychology (hopefully he won't figure out how crazy I am) and Geology...I am pretty excited about that class!   It is a full load of classes for his first semester.  Elliott worked it out and he is only going to class on Mondays and Wednesdays...all day.  That gives him lots of time for all the reading he will have to do and he also wants to get a job.  He wants to get all of his general education out of the way first.  We are pretty proud of him!

Well....I need to go to the grocery store....the fridge is blinding when you open it, it is pretty bare!  Plus, I want to call Mason and find out how his 21st birthday party went last night!  

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

1 comment:

  1. Well, you have to get the intel and I don't care how ya do it, because I'll be asking you! :-p

    ReplyDelete