Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving...



It's the time of year when we all try to give thanks....I have a lot to be thankful for, but there are things that I am not thankful for as well.  Here is this years list of things...

Thankful....for my family, not just Lee and the boys, my Dad and Mike, but my whole family.  Aunts, Uncles, cousins, my cousins children and so on.

Not Thankful....loss, this year was a tough one for my family, we lost my Aunt Carole, my cousin Dale.  The war was brought home, not just on the nightly news..but in the death of Mason and Arrielle's friend Adam in Afghanistan.

Thankful...I have great friends...Coast Guard friends all over the country, friends from high school, friends I have met along the way...they lift me when I need it and tell me I am full of crap too!

Not Thankful...Chris is recovering from surgery, and I know her guys will take care of her...I wish I was there so we could go over the gossip magazines and reality tv together.

Thankful....for Lee's job.  It has been a wild ride for 24 years, and even though we are not sure how much longer it will last...it is still something to be grateful for.

Not Thankful...the job market in Eureka...ugh!!!

Thankful...recipe books, and glossy magazines full of cooking adventures!

Not Thankful...for how amazing the recipes I have tried have come out...not good for the waistline, I really need to get back to the gym.

Thankful...My Dad and Mike.  I love them to pieces and I think it would be a great tv show if a camera followed those two around.

Not Thankful...that Mike lost his job, it sucks.  But, he always figures something out.

I think this entry should end with what I am most thankful for....my grandbaby to be.  This little unexpected blessing, is just that...a blessing.  Mason and Arrielle got to see the baby on an ultrasound on Monday...Mason said the look on Arrielle's face as she saw the baby for the first time was amazing.  It is barely and inch long....but it's hold on our hearts is very strong already.  Next July, I cannot wait to pose for a four generation picture, with my dad, Me, Mason and the baby.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING....REMEMBER THOSE YOU LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment