Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's All Happening At The Zoo.....

 Flamingos in the rain!

So, my cousin Mary and her son, Ben came for a really quick 24 hour visit.  Thankfully they are true Washingtonian's and are not hindered by a little rain!  We headed to the Sequoia Park Zoo, it is tucked into a nice neighborhood about 2 miles from our house.  I had not gone there since the boys were very little....it was similar to what I remembered...minus the very naughty monkeys!!!  It is small, but the animals they have are very interesting.

 Even my Dad will tell you...I have always wanted a goat and this one was just too cute!!

 Because of the rain, many animals took to their shelters, but this monkey came out and swung on the ropes for us, but did not want his picture taken...I am thinking he was having a bad hair day!

This was the highlight...the zoo acquired a pair Red Tail Pandas.  This one came out and posed, he is kinda like a fox with a panda face...very cute!

This zoo is a treasure for this area...a fun place to take your kids..old and young!  They have taken under their wing wounded animals, that other wise make not have lived...and taken care of them and allowed them to be ambassadors for their species.  I especially like the barnyard exhibit...with the chickens roaming around free, llamas, goats and sheep.  A big black pig that kind of acted like he would be thrilled if we opened the gate to his pen...he would hit the lock for the gate with his snout.  I liked the donkeys as well!!   They have a Golden Pheasant in their aviary....probably the most beautiful bird I have ever seen.  So bright, I was not able to get a picture of him!

It made me think of little Mahoney....I cannot wait to share stuff like this with her.  We took Mason to Point Defiance Zoo (Tacoma, WA) before he was even two weeks old....I wonder if Mason and Arrielle would want to do that when we are up there.  Less than three months and I will be somebody's grandma...I can hardly wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment