This is the back of my neck on Thursday!!! The "cross" of welts kinda freaks me out!
Check this out...its like a jelly fish!
My body has been possessed...FOR REAL!!! Oh...and it is miserable! On Wednesday I woke up with what felt like a bug bite on my bootie....and I scratched it. Within an hour I had hives all over my neck and chest. I think it freaked Lee out! That day I got them on my arms, chest, back of my neck and head (those were the worst)...it was awful, you feel itchy and like your skin is on fire. Thursday was the same, what I thought was a bug bite had reduced in swelling, but the hives remained....that night I slept with ice packs because my skin felt so hot. Benedryl and cortisone cream were helping, but not a lot. Friday...I could not take it, so I called the doctor hoping they could get me in...they did. I was so itchy in the waiting room, the nurse said "Jeanine! What happened???" Of course, they stick me in the room, and I had to wait forever...just enough time for the hives to play hide and seek...they hid from the doctor. Ugh! She did prescribe a stronger cream. That night I took an extra benedryl so I could sleep, with my new friend the ice pack! Saturday and today have been better...so far. I can sense a hive about to "erupt", my skin tingles, gets hot to the touch and poof, there it is. I have spent way too much time watching them come and go the last few days. We are not totally sure what is causing them, they can be brought on by stress...but I have been feeling ok. Most likely they are an allergic reaction to something. Mike and I used to swell up like the Michelin Man every summer due to mosquito bites.
So cross your fingers that they go away....before I give in and go buy a bamboo back scratcher!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment