Monday, August 6, 2012

It's Mahoney Monday!


Mason posted this on his facebook the other day, I love it!  Mason (and Arrielle who took the pic) were hanging out at the park with Mace's buddy Sly..playing guitar and hanging out.  Mason used the gift card we gave him for his birthday (to Guitar Center of course) to find a used mandolin.  Lee saw him play one when they made their visit to guitar center...Mason is a natural at a stringed instrument..it's pretty amazing.  He just picks them up, plays around and then he is playing songs.  I love how Mahoney is peeking under her hat.  It was a very warm weekend up there, so she is rockin' the sun hat and onesie!


Miss Mahoney and her great grandpa!!!  I love this picture!


It is August...a month I have been dreading for a while now.  This is the month we find out if Lee retires next year or if we transfer to his very last duty station.  I have a feeling he will be retired out, through no fault of his own...it is really a money thing, the CG does not have the budget anymore.  People are staying in longer due to the economy, and they cannot afford all the people they have.

I can say I am pretty much at peace with either decision...it still feels weird though...I have been a Coast Guard wife for half of my life.  It will be a little bit of a change...but I am sure other doors will open.  It is hard to imagine Lee with any other kind of job, but at the same time it can be kind of exciting.  Worrying about the outcome, does not change it...

On to less worry-some things...Elliott will be done with summer classes this Thursday...I know he cannot wait.  He gets a two week break...then starts again on the 27th.  He has been hanging out with friends a lot this summer, the girls even came over and cut his hair...I told him it works for me, saves me $20!!!  It makes me happy to see him have fun.

It's lunch time....so, until next time...much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment