Saturday, August 11, 2012

OH GEEZ.....


Gee whiz.....we did not get word about CRSP this week, so...I have to wait it out a little more.  In the words of Tom Petty..."The waiting is the hardest part"....and we all know Jeanine is horrible about waiting!  

While I was worried and fretting...Lee was plugging away at the courses he needs to get some certificate he wants to have before he leaves the Coast Guard...I cannot remember what it is called.  He has cruised through two courses and I think he hopes to get another done before October when he starts his next college course...another contract one.  He likes those the best, because that is the field he wants to be in for the next job.  

Elliott's books are purchased for the next semester, which begins in two weeks.  He was able to check out a math book from the library, they keep a certain amount of textbooks for the math courses on hand.  It is awesome, it saved about $150..for just one book.  I scour the internet for the best prices, and sites that will give you a guaranteed buyback price, if it is one we know he will never need again.  Amazon is great for textbooks!  I am sure he will enjoy two weeks of just chilling out...I am grateful he is taking advantage of the tuition waiver and getting all the credits he can while we are here.  I know it is exhausting...but, we would be crazy not to take advantage of it.

What did I do this week....applied for a couple jobs, got the oil changed and new headlight bulbs installed in the truck, and watched the video Arrielle posted of Mahoney smiling about a thousand times.  I am trying to get it downloaded, so I can post it on here.  There was a post on my Coastie Chick forum about a free H&R Block tax course for military spouses.  I do the taxes for my whole family each year, and I was very interested, so I tried to sign up...after two weeks of going back and forth with H&R Block, it turns out the local H&R Block (which is literally two blocks from my house) will not honor the scholarship...Boo!!!!  I have talked to my buddy Susan and may pursue a different avenue..because I an still interested in tax preparation.  If anything, it will help me explain things to my dad when I do his.

And.....here is my Sunshine


I fretted a lot this past week...but, a picture of Mahoney brings me back to Earth and grounds me once again.


I love this picture!!!  It is Adelle and Mahoney all snuggled together (that is Adelle's tail near Mahoney's ear).  Adelle loves this baby as much as we all do, I think they will be great buddies.  She is very gentle with her, and the second Mahoney cries, Adelle is right there to see what is the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment