Mahoney and her parents this morning....Our little lady is 4 days away from being 8 months old!!
This picture....well, I guess she cannot always look like a princess!! Although, every time I see this, I practically do the snort laugh.
Last night was one of those nights when I went to bed worried...my Uncle Tex...who was battling cancer for the second time was rushed to the hospital. He succumbed to the battle this morning. It is really sad, my heart breaks for his family. There has been a lot of loss these last few years in my family and it only makes me want to get back home, so I can be there.
My other worry....because of the Congress and Senate's battle to balance a damn budget...Mason will likely get laid off from a job that took him 2 years just to get in the door. It is so frustrating, and I know it hurts him...he just wants to provide a great life for Arrielle and Mahoney. It also worries me in another way...we were really wanting Lee to find a government job upon retirement....the picking have dwindled this last month...all due to the budget crisis. It is the biggest bunch of bullshit...in my opinion. We cannot support our military to today's standards, but we can pump a few million into a study that looks into why mice prefer corn to rice....that's not a real study, but an example of the crap that squeaks through the budget to be funded. Ugh...
Tomorrow is 8 weeks post op!!! Woohoo! This last few days I have been much better about listening to my doctor and really trying hard not to use my arm. Interestingly enough...my pain has gone down a ton...who woulda thunk it!!! Physical therapy is going really well too. I am very happy with the progress so far. I still cannot use it like normal...that is months down the road...but every week it gets better and better.
My nephew Ian graduated from boot camp last Thursday...I am so proud. He now has a few months of training in Georgia, before going to his first post. Even better...when your 19 year old nephew takes a few moments to chat with you on facebook on a Saturday night.
Ok...the level of the laptop is getting uncomfortable...more soon!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment