A little MJ...because I just cannot get enough!!
Daffodils, because I just love them!!!
Awwww...Daylight savings time, today the days will start to seem longer, even though we lose an hour today...not sure how that works. Spring is starting the process of bringing everything back to life after what was a pretty mild winter here. Spring has also brought renewal to our household...this week we received Lee's actual retirement orders...they took so long I am sure Lee wondered if the CG had changed their mind.
To see such a huge change in our lives on paper should have been daunting...giving me that clinched feeling in my stomach, make my heart beat fast with anxiety....but it really did none of those things. I smiled, ready for this new adventure. I know it will be tough...but really, I think we have been through worse....each of us losing a parent, for example. Yeah, the bank account will be quite tight...but we have done that before. All the people that love us the most are there, to offer up love and support...I feel they are counting down the days more so than I.
Sometimes, I day dream about leaving sooner than later. I know Lee has 75 days of leave saved up, plus the administrative leave you receive at retirement, that gives us time off here and three whole months after we arrive in Washington again, before things get scary. I will save my worrying until then. I admit, selfishly...I love a Humboldt summer, and I want to squeeze in just one more. Maybe even allow Susan to drive me to Capetown...seriously the scariest road ever (and barf-o-rama for my car sickness), but once you get there, its pretty amazing.
Now, I get to start the list making....we want to lessen the household goods load at the CG garage sale, to make funds to ship the Corvette rather than drive it up there...that means going through all the closets, and all of the boxes. It means nagging Lee to set up the movers and gets answers to all my questions. Add to that cleaning this huge house to get ready to check out of housing, not to mention finding a new place. But it is all stuff we have done before....
Its all good...I just need to take it day by day, and not get too ahead of myself. But...at the same time, six months from now...I really hope we spend the second Sunday in September with a bunch of burgers on the grill, my brother trying to tell me he can grill better than me, my dad remembering my mom's potato salad, Mahoney walking all over the place playing hide and seek with her grandpa, Elliott laughing with his friends, and Mason patting Arrielle's pregnant tummy...ok, maybe that part might not happen, but you can't blame a grandma for trying!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment