Miss Mahoney and a little April sunshine!!
I am starting to feel like time is slipping away from me....three months from today...we could very well, be on our way back to Washington. At the same time, I am feeling like things are starting to click together. We will just have to see....turns out we may have a great lead on a house to rent. My sister-in-law (I guess I should say ex...but I still consider her family), Kristin messaged me yesterday, asking when we would be moving back and told me she was looking for someone to rent her home. She put a lot of work into it and was stressing about finding someone she could trust with it. Turns out, the price would be better than perfect, the neightborhood was in our top 3, we would be 5.6 miles from Mason and Arrielle (and the princess), a mile from my niece and nephews, it has three bedrooms, a 2 car garage, a brand new kitchen done to Kristin's standards (which are HGTV worthy) and we saw the house last summer....sounds great right??? Only catch...this house is just under 1000 square feet.
When, I look around this house we are in now...I see a lot of wasted space...and space we dont even use...but we have something in every space. It is a huge 4 bedroom. My laptop and desk have their own room...they share it with a lot of craft crap too. We knew this place was huge...so we have a huge couch...really huge, like 12 feet wide!! I swear it did not look this big when we bought it, it was tucked into the corner of a store. Shoot, we even have Mason's stuff here. It freaks me out a little.
In reality though, downsizing a bit is good...soon it will be just Lee and I. I know we can do it...we squished everything we have now into the beloved crack shack when we moved to Port Orchard in 2004. It means as I prepare for the annual Coast Guard housing garage sale, that I need to really thin out all this crap we have! Plus, that will mean more money to get the Corvette home...I want to ship it home, instead of drive it. Now, my head is spinning with my to-do list...I need to go and jot this stuff down.
Geez, I hope the damn couch fits....

No comments:
Post a Comment