I know what you are thinking....."what the french toast"???? But, I have a small confession and I am kinda surprised no one has heard it yet. Any one that has read this blog for a long time knows...I really like birds, I like the noises they make, how they gather around the bird feeder...well, I take that back, I don't like when they take a huge crap on my truck when I just fed them the meal.
Anyway....back in February, I was still (and still am) mourning Key Largo and really wanted a pet of my own...Elliott has Texas and Kitty, who was supposed to be mine...has become Lee's precious little baby. I had researched bird for a while and one afternoon when we went to get cat food, Lee said "Why don't you just go ahead...." So....let me introduce you to "Bird"...yup his name is bird.
He is a parakeet...bright yellow and green. He is pretty low maintenance...I just have to keep his cage clean, fresh water and food....and I talk to him a lot. I am fairly sure he thinks I am a crazy woman. He talks a lot too, plays a lot with the mirrors and such in his cage....and he is totally unfazed by the Kitty that loves to watch his every move. One funny thing....he got out of the cage once when I was fixing his mirror....I screamed "My bird is out!!!" followed by, "KITTY NO!!!" and Lee and Elliott flew downstairs like the house was on fire...Bird was safely returned to his cage without a close encounter with the kitty.
I have learned that bird food gets everywhere, and not to freak out when your bird molts (its kinda like shedding, old feathers are replaced by new ones)....but feathers are kinda hard to vacuum up...they fly all over. He has been a fun pet, something totally different. I can admit that Lee is not a fan of Bird talking during movies...It does not bother me though. It means he is a happy camper, and that makes me happy.
Meet Bird....
The next adventure for Bird...moving his cage 600 miles....its gonna be a long ride with 2 screaming cats and a bird!!
No comments:
Post a Comment