Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ok, Ok....


I hear ya loud and clear....I need to get my ass in gear and blog more often. It only took three people reminding me..not so subtlety.  All is well here!  Lee likes his job, loves that his commute is only about 15 minutes and that the ride is beautiful!  Elliott is doing great in his classes.  We got all of his GI Bill stuff figured out.  His transcripts were finally gone over, and as we thought, some classes fron College of the Redwoods do not count.  The course numbering is different, and one college uses semesters and the other quarters.  He will likely be on the 5 year college plan, but that seems to be the norm now.

I am doing well, still loving my Mahoney Mondays!  She wears me out, but she was very snuggly and loving this past Monday and that makes every tantrum leave my memory!!  I started my job, and that is going well.  Between that and watching MJ when I can, I have stayed very busy.  I only work part time, and hopefully they will keep me there after the holiday season ends.


MJ...feeding herself some yogurt.  She had a white mustache and beard when she was done...she kinda looked like the Colonel from Kentucky Fried Chicken!!

 Lee and I in an elevator in Seattle...for our 24th anniversary, we took the ferry into the city, had a great lunch, window shopped a little, went to the EMP (a music museum, it was very cool) and the aquarium, rode the monorail..just played tourist all day!  It was great, I still love this guy after all this time!!! 

Well....drum roll please!  There is one big announcement!!!  Mahoney is going to be a big sister!!!  I took Arrielle to a doctors appointment, because she and Mason and been trying for months and were not getting pregnant.  Her family doctor listened to her concerns and referred her to a person in the fertility department.  Arrielle had that appointment, but came back to the truck even more frustrated than she was before, and her mascara running down her face from crying.  The doctor totally blew her off, but to make her feel better the doctor prescribed some medication that would help with ovulation.  In order to take that medication she had to do a blood test.  A few hours later, Arrielle's cell phone rings...it is her doctor, so she put it on speaker.  The doctor told Arrielle, she did not need the medication...because she was already pregnant.  She and I both burst into tears!!  I was so excited, because I have been able to be involved in all the excitement!!  She was just barely pregnant, when she got the result back and the doctor told her to do another test in a few days.  That one came back perfect, with higher Hcg levels...letting us know things were progressing along perfectly.  Then last week, they had an ultrasound and got to hear the tiny heartbeat.  We are all pretty excited!!  Grandbaby number two, whom I call "Jellybean" is due next June 30th.  Woohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment