I woke up like a nervous mother this morning...it's Super Bowl Sunday, and I really think the Seahawks can win it. Or at the very least it will be a great game.
I was raised on football...lots of football. My dad had season tickets to the Raiders, they had friends with a raider themed bar, when the Raiders were not playing we went to see the San Jose Tigers (a semi pro team) play...so after I moved away, I could care less about football...and I didn't for the longest time. I always made sure I knew enough about what was going on during a season, to be able to hold a conversation with my dad.
Then a couple years ago, Lee took the time one season to let me ask a million questions. Even though, the downs thing and a 2 point conversion still don't make much sense...but Lee is patient and keeps trying...I have grown to enjoy watching a football game.
Throw in the charisma of Russell Wilson, the Seahawks quarterback, and the passion of Richard Sherman (cornerback) and a team that has a genuine desire to win, add in a state full of fans that consider themselves a part of the team...and it was hard not to get sucked in! I watched at least part of every Seahawk game this year, except for the last one...the one that lead them to the Super Bowl ( I had to listen for updates at work, on a headset...my stomach was is knots).
Today's game is a big one....I really want the Hawks to win, I want to see the fans see them win, I want my dad to see them win. I want to jump up and holler...I am a lot like my dad when it comes to watching a game. I want tears to come to my eyes when they hoist the Lombardi trophy.... I will be on the edge of my seat this afternoon with anticipation!!!
Let's do this 12th man!!! Let's go Seahawks!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment