First of all, no blog is complete without a picture of my Princess...this is Mahoney Jane this past Monday Febuary 17, 2014!!!
Today would have been my mom's 71st birthday...I have been thinking about it all month...wondering what she would have thought about turning 71??? I wondered what I would think about turning 71 someday, and I hoped that I would appreciate all that this life has given me. That thought lead to another...shouldn't I appreciate the little things every day that this life gives me?? I think we often overlook the good stuff, and focus on the bad or negative. So, today's blog will be about 10 things I have really appreciated about my life lately...
1. I really appreciate the fact that every so often Lee can actually surprise me! I keep a right reign on the bank account and he managed to slip one by me last week and I recieved a delivery of the sweetest valentines day flowers! I was so touched, that it saved me from kicking his ass over the cost!!!
2. I feel blessed by the amount of family and friends I have...I am quite selective about who I let into my life, and I rarely divulge all the details about this and that in my life...so I appreciate the fact the these people "get" that I like to keep things to myself.
3. I am happy that my crazy job decided to keep me after the holiday season! I swear I never looked so hard for a job, nor worked so hard to keep one.
4. My Mahoney! My heart still swells with love every time she reaches out to me, lays her head on my shoulder or she yells out "Gam-ma" (emphasis on the Ma).
5. I appreciate that fate has blessed our family by letting it grow even more, with the newest Temple arriving in July! By the way, we will find out if Jellybean is a girl or a boy on Sunday! We will all gather at Mason and Arrielle's, so they can tell us all at the same time!
6. I appreciate how my 17 year old truck still hauls my butt around! Lee washed the carpets in the front and seconds set of seats, and we replaced my dying stereo with a new one that I can hook my iPod up too...it almost feels like a new truck! I love it!
7. Shhh....there are many times I am super grateful for my chocolate stash! It's well hidden, because I don't share well...but, I promise you it has saved lives!!!
8. Trashy tv! Enough said!
9. Rain....like Eddie Rabbitt sang back in the day..." I love a rainy night ".
10. Blog readers...I love that this blog means something to people, I appreciate when they remind me that it has been a while. If I blogged every time I actually thought of blogging...it may be annoying to those that do read my blog!
So....what do you appreciate about your life today???

No comments:
Post a Comment