Princess Roslin will be born at home! She is set to arrive in the next three weeks or whenever she feels like making her exit!
I have come into a lot of resistance when I explain that she will be born at home, and maybe even...insert gasps!...born in the water! I could not be more excited or supportive! I would be seriously bummed if Arrielle did not get her planned birth situation.
I have gotten the privledge of going with Arrielle to her midwife appointments. I love her midwife and her assistants...so much that if I could have a do over....I would birth my babies at home too. I have known that Arrielle wanted to labor and birth at home long before she became pregnant with Roslin, and I wanted to support her choice. I spent lots of time watching documentaries and talking to friends of mine that have had their babies at home.
When people wonder why she would want to do something so painful or messy at home....my first thought is Mahoney is messier than a birth and when in pain, isn't it more soothing to be at home?? Yes, we have our concerns...Arrielle's blood pressure rose with MJ and she had to be induced. Arrielle anticipated that challenge and changed her diet, walked a little more and has been talking a supplement that has performed greatly (calcium magnesium). Her blood pressure is text book!
I have probably posed a hundred questions to the midwives...what about the cord if it wraps around the baby's neck (the cord is a lot like a garden hose), how can I help Arrielle (we all have specific jobs while she is in labor), how can we help the midwife (stay out of their way)...most of all I learned that Arrielle is the conductor of this orchestra, we need to listen to her, this is her show!
Maybe I have spent too much time around the "crunchy" generation...because, I feel that if you voice your negativity about someone's choice you impose a negative vibe on the situation. I don't want that...I trust in Arrielle and her choices, she is the momma of this princess and already loves her beyond reason!
So wish her, and her family well...positive vibes only please!

No comments:
Post a Comment