Saturday, August 16, 2014

Elliott is an official UW student...


Yesterday, we made our last field trip to UW...at least until move in day!!  

This one was to tie up a lot of loose ends, that had my stress level higher than I can appreciate.

We had to prove our residency...that we had been here a year and were serious about staying....instead of the inch thick stack of documents I should have just printed a few pics of MJ and Ros, and said there is no way I am leaving these babies!!  We presented our evidence, and the residency advisor said we would know next week.  She emailed Elliott within the hour and said we were good to go!  Yay.  

Next stop was the VA office.  When you use the GI Bill the VA has to certify your classes to make sure you are taking only the courses that are needed for your major or program.  You would assume it would be easy...it's not.  You also cannot retake classes you have done elsewhere or failed at one time.  We were worries because some of the classes he chose may be considered retaking...but they were also ones that were stricken from his record so to speak too, when his credits were evaluated. Anyway, we found out that Elliott's courses were certified! Yay, now his housing and tuition will be paid!

We also found out about Elliott's room mate...and right now there isn't one!  Which sounds great, except there is no one to share some of the "setting up house" expenses.  Like, dishes, pots, toaster, vacuum and on and on.  Thank goodness for the dollar store and everyone's excess kitchen supplies!  He could get a room mate assigned in the next couple weeks.  Move in day is from 3-5:30 on the 15th of September.  You have a small amount of time to drag what is needed up to the apartment...it's probably to get the parents out of the way!

I am so excited for Elliott's university adventure.  Not as sad as I thought I would be.  I am ready for him to spread his wings and fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment