Sunday, August 14, 2016

Moment Number One...

I have it planned out on my calendar a way to time out 50 moments to share, over the next year.  It pretty much amounts to every 7 or 8 days.  That's a lot of topics and moments to share.  I have a few moments that have already happened to start me out.

In April, I set out to surprise my friend Susan.  Tax season was brutal for her this year...and every year really, so last fall I came up with a plan to drive down and surprise her on April 15th.  I worked it out with my other friend, Leanne to hide out with her the evening before.  It was a great trip, I got to spend special time with my two favorite friends and I pulled off a great surprise.  Here are a few memories to share....

I left at 6am...I love starting a drive just as the world is waking up!

And then...Portland traffic.  Ugh! The drive was actually pretty brutal, it rained heavily until I got to Cresent City.

I spent the first night with Leanne and her daughters...it was lovely! The next morning I set out for a stroll on Main Street in Ferndale. No visit to Ferndale is complete with out a couple pairs of new socks!

I met Leanne for some delicious coffee, aren't they pretty!!!

We also went out to Centerville, and caught this amazing view of Centerville Beach...breathtaking!

Here is my surprised Susan!!  I had let her office manager know I was coming, so it made it very easy to surprise her and get her to actually leave her desk by 5pm.  I am so glad I did it!!!

No date with Susan is complete without a hysterical trip to Target!

I adore Susan's parents, especially her dad's chickens.  We had a fun day that ended with a yodeling performance!!

And Ferndale Pizza eaten on the steps of an old church turned concert hall!

Sunday, we walked to the top of Ferndale Cemetary....very interesting.  Lots of history there!

I bought a small cooler to haul this load home! I still have two bars of cheese left...it's so delicious!

Susan and I walked the path all the way through the Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge...it was very peaceful!

This sunset was the icing on the cake!  A beautiful end of the day on the last night of my trip.

I finally stopped along highway 199 on the way home and took a picture of Smith River.

It was a very nice trip, exhausting with all the things I crammed into just a couple of days.  I am so glad I did it. Now, I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment