Fair warning...there is whining ahead!
Arrielle made the following post on Facebook today....
I gotta admit, it hurt me to the core. I shed a tear...ok, maybe more than one. I get that they want to live this minimalist lifestyle. What hurts is the restriction of my grandparenting...buying toys is frowned upon. I try to sneak them in and say we will keep them at our house...is it my fault that they love it so much they want to take it home? I guess that excuse cannot be used either.
I can only imagine my mom's face if I told her, what she could and could not do as a grandparent. Geez, half the Legos she bought Mason are stuffed in our storage unit.
I gave up on buying clothes, because I never see them in anything I have bought. I have hardly bought a thing for the new baby boy due to arrive any day...only a car seat and two onesies.
This is hard for me...when it comes to these girls, I wear my heart on my sleeve...they are my heart. My heart feels like it has been pinched. I get that annual passes are a fantastic idea...but, on Christmas morning...to a little kid it feels like a downer. I am about to turn 50, and I remember the toys given to me by my grandparents. My Grandma Zarko always let me pick out a special Barbie...some I still have. My Grandma Adams, had a boyfriend named Jake that adored us and suited up Mike and I, in true western fashion, complete with hats and cap guns...we were quite enamoured with him!
Growing older has been very much an adjustment lately...and I am just kinda over it already!

No comments:
Post a Comment