Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Some thoughts and an update.

I have had this blog for a while now, I may as well start using it. Hmmm...what to say...heck if I know.

I guess I should start by giving the latest update on the family. The school year has come to a close. Mason finished his first year of college. He is still not exactly sure what he wants to be when he grows up...but do we ever really know?? He loves his guitar almost as much as he loves Arrielle (his girlfriend of 3 plus years), so maybe it will be something that has to do with that. Elliott completed his first year of high school (in Washington the high schools are 10-12th grade). He did well, he pushed himself with some college prep classes. He likes computers a lot, I think that will be his field. I just left my job at WaMu, now Chase. Banking has its ups and downs....for the most part I loved my job, but the downs were awful. After almost 4 years of banking, I am eager for the next job. Everyone laughs, but I would love to be a barista!! I will get to just be a mom again for a little while. Lee will be home from the middle east soon....trust me I am counting the moments. I feel like I have not seen him in years, and really I have not. In a moment of boredom, I figured it out. In the last 5 years, Lee has only been home for about 2 of them....getting underway, a crazy busy job, and deploying took a lot of time.

So, the big change is ahead....we are headed back to California. We are headed back to Humboldt Bay...for the third time. I am excited and quite stressed. I have really enjoyed being near my family and have made some wonderful friends. Leaving my dad and brother behind, makes me sad. I know they can do everything they need to, but it leaves my heart heavy either way. I have loved these last couple years of getting to know my dad. I am worried about the tears I know will come when I look in the rear view mirror, I feel like I am leaving my mom behind. When we found out we were moving back to Humboldt Bay, I had been tasked with getting a bunch of mystery rolls of film developed. They were pictures my mom had taken, some were very old (like Mike's high school graduation) and some were more recent. I laughed thru seeing them all...but the last roll, was of the last trip my mom and dad made to visit me when we were in Ferndale. I know my mom loved it there, and in my mind it was her...whispering to me "it's ok, go and be happy". I will miss my niece and nephews, I wish I could have spent more moments with them. Yet, I am excited about returning to Humboldt Bay, a place we have always considered home....a place where friends are waiting for our return, a place where I will get to see my husband every night.

As a military wife, I cherish these new beginnings and feel fortunate to have a sea bag full of memories to take along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment