Friday, June 19, 2009

We did something fun!!




Last weekend we fostered a greyhound, just for a couple days. I have always wondered what it would be like to have two ponies int he house, I mean greyhounds. It went really well...almost too well. Key (our 5 year old brindle greyhound) is pretty indifferent to other animals. He does not even mess with the cats when they sleep in his kennel, he just waits for them to leave.




We picked up QT, who was a 'cutie' on Saturday. She was a 'cow dog', a white dog with black spots...reminding me of a Holstein cow. She was 7 years old, won 25% of the races she ran and had 2 litters of pups before being put up for adoption. She stayed with us for three nights. She did really well and so did Key. The hardest part was feeding them, I stood in between them...making sure there were no arguments or stealing of each others food. They trotted around the backyard together, and the kids walked them without any problems. On Tuesday, we took her to her new family in Tacoma, she will live with two other greyhounds there. She seemed pretty happy.




Best part of the experiment....two dogs is not as bad as I thought, maybe someday when we set this circus down..we will have to add another greyhound to the pack.




No comments:

Post a Comment