Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Life is a stitch.....

 I wrote a little while ago about stitching again....and I thought I would share some pictures of pieces I have stitched in the past.  When I was getting out all my finished pieces, I found proof I had not stitched in a long time....I had one piece that I did last month duplicated by a piece I did years ago!!!  I did not even have a "deja vu" moment as I stitched it the second time!   Above are a few small samplers I have sone, I like samplers a lot.  Samplers typically have lots of different stitches and I don't get bored as fast.
 This picture has a lot of my personal favorites.  It has a Mary Englebreit "Snap Out Of It" piece in there.  my kitchen is done in Mary Englebreit stuff, much of it from my mom and Lee.  I like to stitch on linen with silk threads.  When we lived in Texas, I stitched the models on display for a local cross stitch store.  They paid me in supplies for my own stash.  I stitched so much in that three years that I will probably be able to stitch for years to come...many, many years!!  I have a lot, plus some of my mom's stash as well....I even have some of my grandmothers things!
These are some fun ones I did, for different months in the year.  Lee is always pestering me to get them framed, instead of storing them away in a large ziploc bag, for no one to see.  Framing is very expensive, and I only actually have two pieces framed.  I am currently working on a red and white sampler that is a reproduction of a sampler done in New England in the middle 1800's.  I started it years ago...this time I will see it through!  I have a basket full of unfinished things I started and stashed away and my goal is to finish them.....so, I can stitch a sampler of my own design for my first grandbaby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment