Thursday, March 15, 2012

Better to be safe, than sorry....


When I call my dad, there is always a few exchanges of both of us saying "well, nothing exciting happening around here"...and I said it a few times yesterday.  Last night, I remembered what I wanted to tell him.  I am posting about it, not to embarrass Lee, but more of a public service announcement.

Lee, and both boys for that matter, have a lot of moles, and have had them forever.  I casually check Lee's back because....when he was younger he was a sun baby, kid, teenager!  Spending lots of time in the California and  Florida sunshine.  When I checked last week, there was one that had the usual brown dot, but there was a lighter color around it and I could feel a small bump under it.  Thankfully, Lee listened and showed the doctor at work and she agreed it did look unusual and they set up an appointment to to a biopsy. He had the biopsy done on Tuesday, it seems pretty deep and looks painful, he has three stitches to close the hole.

We will know the results in a week or two.  The doc said that it did not look cancerous to her...which is a sigh of relief, but we still await the results.  Hopefully it is all fine and good and nothing to worry about.

I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment