Thursday, June 14, 2012

I am pretty sure this is what Hell sounds like...



We are getting a new roof!  Which is a good thing.  But....and there always is one...it is not such a good thing when a contractor comes in and says that I should have removed the stuff from the garage...um, there is a car, a motorcycle, 3 shelving units, a tool box that weighs a few hundred pounds and all of Lee's guitar equipment....he said we were supposed to have been notified.  Thankfully, he stuck around to help me get the cover on the Corvette.  I scrambled to get all the stuff covered with sheets....not easy when each bed only has a couple sets! I also brought all the guitar gear inside.  Oh, and we should have removed the stuff stored in the rafters too...ugh!  That's not gonna happen...there is a car in the way!  So, now the whole garage is covered in a black dirt like substance....another ugh!  I am grateful for Lee's leaf blower, it will clean up quickly!


On to the pets....the black kitty is hiding, except for when he is screaming.  Texas is hanging out  under the entertainment center.  Key, who is doing pretty good with all the noise (compared to the 4th of July)...is fine as long as he can see me... preferably with my hand on him.  Good this is, I can barely hear my squeaking dryer with all the pounding.


The pounding....again an ugh!  I am pretty sure there is not enough Excedrin to take away the pounding in my head...the guys might be on their own for dinner tonight.  Not to mention the gardener for the common grounds outside is edging today.


Thankfully, they have tarps all over to catch the debris...but it is a little windy, so I can't say it is helping much.  There is a lot of nails out there too...if one of them land in a truck tire, I may lose my mind.


I am off to see if there is something soothing on my ipod....anything is better than the symphony going on outside!!


UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment