We opted for an afternoon in Seattle with Mason, Arrielle and Mahoney. I love Seattle, and even though I have been there a hundred times...I still cannot get enough. Our plan was to take the ferry over...an hour there and an hour back. I love the ferry ride just as much as I love Seattle...if not more. On a sunny day the ride is incredible!!
Since we left there was a change in the waterfront attractions....a huge ferris wheel. I did not even know about it until Arrielle's mom mentioned it. Then it was a mission...I wanted to go on it. It is kind of expensive...but worth it in the end. The picture above is amazing...both the football and baseball stadiums, the ferry dock, way to the right you can see where Lee used to be stationed...and in the center Mount Rainier in all her glory.
I was excited about the ride, until we got on the gondola that would take us around and around. The gondola wiggles just like a ferris wheel at the fair. It took two go rounds, until I stopped clinching my teeth and enjoyed it. This picture accurately reflects how I was feeling before we started moving!!
Ummm....this is was kinda scary...look how high we are! The viaduct is full of afternoon traffic...it lends to the noise of Seattle with a constant hum. No one else was scared...not even Arrielle carrying her two week old baby...so I calmed down quite a bit.
Mahoney's first lunch at Red Robin!! She was so good on this outing. On the way home, aboard the ferry, I held her the whole time!! Grandma heaven!! Arrielle caught a nap, while Lee and Mason giggled at the two grown men sitting behind us...they sounded just like the kids in South Park.
The view of the waterfront as we pulled in to Seattle, with the Space Needle and the new Seattle Great Wheel. It was a great afternoon, Arrielle and I even let the guys sneak down to Emerald City Guitars for a peek...and a stern warning not to buy anything! We strolled the waterfront..and found huckleberry ice cream..yum! It was a warm day and the city was crowded with tourists from all over...but it is one of my favorite things to do, even more so when I get to share it with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment