We....Lee, Me and Elliott (who 2 years ago promised he would always go with me to find pumpkins) loaded into the truck and headed a little north to Arcata...to go pumpkin hunting!! I love "pick your own" patches. There must not have been as much sun in the Arcata Bottoms (fancy word for the area where all the farms and dairies are) this summer, because lots of the pumpkins had mushy spots and mold. I set out on a mission, a couple white pumpkins, one of those squatted ones, a green variegated one and a couple traditional ones too....mission successful, and you will seem them closer to halloween.
When we got out of the car I noticed these piggies!!! Their curly tails were too cute, and they were all grunting, trying to ease each other out of the feed bucket. At this pumpkin patch, you grab a wagon and stroll through the fields to find your pumpkins...Elliott pulled the wagon and Lee was taking pictures for my blog....but I accidentally deleted everything off his work phone...and all of his great pictures are gone. Whoopsie! After your pumpkins are chosen, they get weighed...and I get nervous, because I only brought a certain amount of cash. Sixty three pounds of pumpkins, oh no....but woo hoo, all for about $20. In the barn where you par, they have a huge selection of gourds, just picked potatoes, dried beans of all kinds. I got a little Martha Stewart like in there, and bought some gourds to display, and some potatoes to use with a roast I have on the menu this week.
As we were leaving the parking lot...or should I say field...I spotted these peacocks crossing the road...I had to take a picture to send to Mason and Arrielle. Have I ever blogged the funny peacock story??? If not, that is for another day!
Ok....since we moved here, I have spotted the "lady in the purple coat" all over town. We used to see her all the time, all over town...really, she will be walking on one side of town and then later that day she will be spotted walking on the other side.. She can usually be spotted at Starbuck's on Myrtle. Other people see her, the boy next door and I always report our sightings to each other. I have never been able to get a picture of her, because I am usually driving...I got this pic, even though you can hardly see her while in a parking lot. This lady has long grey hair...always has the purple coat on, a very tanned face and her mouth is always open (and talks to herself a lot). Lee has a theory that she is a very rich day trader, that is on sabbatical and doing a socioeconomic experiment, and when it seems she is talking to herself she is really talking into her blue tooth device, making deals. She interests me so much, that when I don't see her, I worry about her. I always keep watch for her after a storm, seeing her walking lets me know she is ok. I don't know why I do it...but she is someones relative, somewhere out there in the world...I am just keeping an eye out for her.




No comments:
Post a Comment