Wow! We left Humboldt a year ago today! Arriving here at 2am the next morning. When I look back, I think I should have been more scared! We had no jobs, only an idea of what we wanted to do. All we knew, was that Mahoney was there at the other end.
A year later, we both have jobs ( both with affiliations to the Navy, which we find ironic), love the neighborhood we live in, and we not only have MJ but, we have Roslin too! Everyday, I feel blessed.
A year of changes...and I don't like change, but I have actually become more adaptable and more at peace with different situations. Maybe I am finally maturing...gosh, I hope not!
We have seen others forced out of the military that have not been so lucky, in this situation I have noticed that attitude is everything. Forrest Gump's mom was right, life really is like a box of chocolates....if you get a yucky one, just move on and try another.
We are celebrating one year of being home with a family dinner tonight, Mason and the girls will come over and we will feast on burgers, and some birthday cake for Mason who turns 24 tomorrow!
Good times!

No comments:
Post a Comment