Most importantly our family has grown, with the addition of Miss Roslin Elizabeth!
Her birth ranks up there as one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed. She was born at home, surrounded by family and an amazing team of midwives. She is completely adored by her big sister.
She checks her out everyday, checking her toes and hands and pointing out all her parts. She also will make sure Roslin is covered...MJ is very into swaddling her baby dolls and toys right now. Last night, (in the pic above) Roslin stirred, and Mahoney started to rock back and forth...she is a natural at being a big sister.
This summer has been busy and exhausting. I have my Mahoney Mondays, which also turned into midwife Mondays the last 6 weeks of Arrielle's pregnancy. I have been working a lot more than I usually do. I have not had a weekend day off in a month...and that day was for Shawn's graduation. I seem to see Lee in passing lately, I also have not seen my dad in a month. I have horrible wife, daughter and friend guilt lately.
Next week, we will have been here a year already. I can hardly believe it, it's been pretty amazing...even with the guilt, busy times, excitement it's been pretty wonderful. Best part is there is more to come!



No comments:
Post a Comment