Mason and Mahoney at the park a couple weeks ago.
Elliott and friends at the midnight release of a game they had been waiting months for.
I am not big on Mother's Day anymore...I think mom's should be appreciated every day. A mom does things every day, behind the scenes, to make their child's life better....no matter how old the child is.
Most of the time, the child never notices. Yet, in the last month, things I did for the boys got noticed. Noticed by both boys at different times, and interestingly it was pretty much the same thing.
Behold the power of Downy fabric softener!! When Elliott moved into his apartment at school, he glanced at his washing machine and noticed there was not a fabric softener dispenser! He even had a bottle of Downy on his grocery list. I thought to myself, "I raised this boy right!"...as I looked everywhere for a Downy ball he could use.
Yesterday, Mason picked up Lee at work...Lee said that Mason just blurted out "I really miss how mom does laundry." The baby had spit up on a tee shirt and I washed it for him and sent it back home in the baby bag. He put it on and was engulfed in the smell of Downy. Arrielle uses predominately unscented cleaners...which is totally ok.
Both remarks made me think of the little things mom do, that never get noticed. I love when the laundry smells good. As silly as it sounds, I always thought that if anyone noticed the guys' clothing smelled good, they would also notice I took care of my guys!
It touched my heart though, to hear that they actually noticed that their shirts smelled good. Digging even deeper, what I hear in their comments is "you did good mom!....


No comments:
Post a Comment