Wednesday, November 5, 2014

25 Years...

Tomorrow, Lee and I have been married for twenty five years.  That's pretty amazing! Yeah, there have been some rough spots here and there...but for the most part it's been a smooth ride.  

In honor of the anniversary and because we both had a Saturday off, we took a day trip to Leavenworth, a fun Bavarian themed town just on the other side of Stevens Pass.  A quick ferry ride and a 116 mile drive to get there...

 It's not a road trip without a little Johnny Cash...we broke out Neil Diamond on the way home! Our parents raised us right!!

The Wenatchee river on the way into Leavenworth. 

At the hat shop, I tried to embrace a new persona...Helga!

Lee went for the British policeman look...thankfully these silly hats stayed in the store!

Walking down the streets of Leavenworth

We went for a walk around the waterfront park, the leaves fell from the trees like snow...sounds kinda silly, but it felt almost magical.

We went into this incredible Christmas ornament store...and left with a silver glass heart that says 25th.

Seems like a long ride for just a couple hours, but we had a great day. It's fun to play tourist sometimes.  I am always amazed at the beauty of Washington and I love sharing it with Lee.


No comments:

Post a Comment