Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Thoughts and Stuff...


First a little princess fix!  Ahhh! That's better!

So, I have been stressing lately...the usual, money woes!  Mainly, thinking about my truck, and it's needing repairs. It's old and not worth much to anyone else but me.  I think we have decided to keep the truck, and get a small car for everyday driving.  But, financially...that is a year or so down the road.  We have some credit card debt that needs lots of attention and that is a focus, before we apply for a car loan.

Then, I do our taxes....ugh!  I get all our info in there and holy shit balls...we owe $1120!  We did not have enough taken out of Lee's regular pay.  I have fixed that and we should be ok next year.  I just want to break even.  I do miss the fact that the money the Coast Guard gave us (while Lee was active duty) for rent was untaxable!  Now, we use Lee's Coast Guard retirement for rent and utilities..and that is taxed, that amount also raises our income just enough to put us just barely into a higher tax bracket...and a bigger tax liability. Yippee!

While I am freaking out over how I will pay our tax bill, a close friend essentially lost every penny she had.  Really! Every stinking penny!  She is a single mom with three great kids and even though she is stressed beyond reason...she still laughs every day, pulls herself up by her boot straps and carries on. Motivated by the giggles of her children.  I am inspired by her tenacity to keep going.  It's  a good reminder that shit happens, it can be a stinky mess...but, it serves no purpose to wallow around in it.

On a good note...one of my resolutions for January was to blog more! That resolution is crossed off my list! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment