Yeah, I know you are wondering...why in the Hell is Jeanine blogging about football again???
When I learned we would be moving home in 2012, I decided to figure out how the game of football was played. Yup, it's true, all I knew was they ran the ball down the field for touchdowns. I paid more attention to their uniforms, and gathered just enough knowledge to make polite conversation.
I have asked Lee a million questions! I finally figured out a 2 point conversion a few weeks ago. At times, I am totally lost on how downs work...and kinda still am! Then Lee tells me there is a point where they have to punt...what? Why?? As, I learn more, I love it more.
I am put off by one huge thing...trash talking! My dad LOVES football, and I cannot recall him trash talking an opposing team. For goodness sake, he accidently cheered for the Seahawks while surrounded by Raider fans, and he himself was a huge Raider fan! An example...I follow the Seahawks, Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman on Instagram and when they post something...I swear half the comments are from people who hate them! Why follow them if you hate them so much...is it so you can be an asshole under the guise of a screen name? After yesterday's loss, my Facebook feed was full of hate and rude comments from those that don't like the Seahawks. It was like salt into a wound. I just don't get it??? I guess it's part of sports. You won't hear me change the name of a team to something derogatory or decide my team sucks because of how they played. I don't read the sports page, or NFL stuff...all my feelings come from what I have seen while watching games, quick post game interviews and how the Seahawk players act in the Seattle community. It is these actions that caused my tumble into the Legion of Boom, and the desire to get a 12th Man tee shirt.
So, I am counting down the moments until pre-season begins. Russell Wilson says he won't let this one play define his career, so I won't let the trash talking of others define the love I have for my team!
Go Hawks!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment