Monday, November 2, 2015

Pumpkins and a Promise...



While at a pumpkin patch one year, Elliott promised he would always go pumpkin hunting with me.

Of course, he was a teenager then.  Now that he is away at college, he surprisingly continues the tradition.  Elliott lives a 5 minute walk away from an amazing glass museum, where you can find unique one of a kind pumpkins.  He remembers the little things, like, that I really love a great stem on a pumpkin.  

Last year he got me the pumpkin on the left.  I assumed the tradition was over.  But, it was not.  I visited Elliott a few days ago, and complimented that I love the pumpkin he bought himself (the weekend before), and what a great stem!  He looked at me like I was a little crazy, and said he had gotten the pumpkin for me!  

I know it is silly, but I was so touched by the gesture.  As my boys get older, and don't need me much anymore, the fact that I cross their mind at some time during their day, is a wonderful thing.

I cherish these little pumpkins and the years of pumpkin hunting memories they hold!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment