Monday, December 21, 2015

Need A Little Christmas, Right This Very Minute...

I love heading to Seattle at Christmastime! I only had one weekend day off all of December, so on the 13th Lee and I hopped on to the ferry and headed over.  We enjoyed some Starbucks and the Sunday paper during the ride over.
After pulling in, we figured out how to get to the taxi stand in front of the dock and headed to the Cheesecake Factory.  Since we got there around 10am, we opted for breakfast.  I swear it was the most delicious omelette I have ever had, and the potatoes...I cannot even begin to describe their goodness!
After breakfast,  a stop to see Santa and picking up a couple ornaments at Macy's, we wound our way down to the market.
The Christmas tree at the market.  The market was crowded with holiday shoppers and tourists.  I picked up a holiday bouquet of Christmas greenery.
They are putting in a new sea wall, which makes the water front pretty much a mess.  I was bummed to find out that the Starbucks I usually hit before the ferry ride home, was one of the businesses that had to close during construction.
The whole day was filled with live music, in the stores, streetcorners and even in the ferry building...it made it very easy to feel the Christmas spirit.
It was a very gray day, but no rain!  Thankfully the ride home was a lot less choppy than the ride over that morning!!!
Yup, I really made Lee take a picture with Santa.  Lee and I even wore  "Christmas Vacation" themed t-shirts!!

Merry Christmas!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment