

A friends facebook entry reminded me of one of my favorite things. I miss my family and friends like crazy....but there is something about living in Puget Sound that makes you feel good just to be alive. One of my favorite things is a view! Living in Port Orchard, I got a view everyday! Taking Elliott to school....I say the Olympics and the sound every morning. On a drive to my Dad's....Mount Rainier, yes some days she hides...but when she comes out, it is breath taking. It is beautiful here too.....well, not so much in Eureka...but as you leave you get to see the estuary or if going south views of the dairy's that dot the landscape. I miss the mountains though, we have some hills here...but it is not the same. On my way home this morning (from taking Elliott to school) I caught a tiny glimpse on the far off hills......of SNOW!! That little glimpse in the distance filled my heart....I know it sounds funny. It has taken me a long time to feel like this is home....this house is big and contains all my material possessions....but it does not have that cozy "ahhh home" feeling yet. That is something I need to work on, whether the fix is in a gallon of paint or inside of me...we shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment