

Holy smokes....Welcome back to California!! I would like to say a I am pretty seasoned when it comes to earthquakes....with the exception of three years in Texas, I have always lived along a fault line. Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting at the kitchen table...working a jigsaw puzzle, which by itself makes me laugh...anyway, I felt the roll of an earthquake....I am calm, then all Hell broke lose, the easy roll turned into jerking and crashes. Lee and Elliott where upstairs and Lee comes flying into the kitchen followed by the dog..saying we need to get out. I cannot leave my dog behind, so I go in search of a leash for Key.....turns out Key could really care less, go figure...he will hide in the bathroom at the hint of a firework, but an earthquake is nothing! We head outside...all the neighbors are milling about and making sure everyone is ok. Then we head back inside......pictures have flown off the wall, vases are on the floor, food from the pantry has crashed to the floor and broken, books are all over the floor in the computer room, stuff has come out of the bathroom cabinets and is all over the bathrooms, my Mary Englebriet collection has quite a few casualties...in other words...a mess. Easily cleaned up...my nerves, not so easy to clean up. This one really scared me.
We have had quite a few aftershocks....magnitude 3 and 4's....some you feel and some you don't. There was a lot of damage in Eureka.....only one store in the mall is open. We went to Target this morning, and you can see damage in the ceiling there...they had help from the Target in Santa Rosa to get everything back together. All of our friends have checked in and everyone is fine. Poor Susan, lost almost all of her antique cow creamer collection.....it was an awesome collection too.
Funny thing.....a couple weeks ago there was a pamphlet with the Sunday paper..called "On Shaky Ground".....filled with earthquake information.
Oh my goodness, Jeanine! That is pretty scary. I'm glad everyone is okay. :o)
ReplyDeleteLook at all those wine bottles!! The horror!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad all is ok.