Maybe I should back track a little.....when my mom was alive, we never went to my dad with problems. I think it made my dad a little mad....I don't think he cared so much that my mom bailed us out from time to time..I think he just wanted to know what was going on. In my mind, my dad was unapproachable....that may carry over from my dad working such a weird work schedule when we were kids, he always worked graveyard. It took my mom passing away, for me to really get to know my dad....I hate that.
My dad is really funny and his humor is similar to mine. He loves cook books like I do.....his collection is bigger than mine too. He loves silly British humor like I do. He loves to read the newspaper....so do I. We both love getting a good deal. He always looks at the new car in front of Costco like I do. When something great (and sometimes not so great) happens my dad is who I call. His support has meant the world to me. I found out that I truly am a daddy's girl.
My dad bought me my first dozen red roses, for my 13th birthday. I still have the dried buds tucked in a small box tied with ribbon. I keep a ton of memories stashed in my heart for safe keeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment