Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday....

Roses from the Farmer's Market...they smelled wonderful!!

Oh boy...what a week...it began with car trouble....anyone that knows me, knows I am a freak about the truck. We got it all done....I questioned my sanity about repairing a 13 year old truck, but in the end...I do not think I would love a new car as much as I love the Suburban. Spending two days impatiently waiting for the repairs messed up my plans for the gym. Wednesday, I did make it to the gym....and felt great. Later that day, we had company...a Coast Guard family stopped by, I offered up my washer and dryer for them to do some laundry while on their camping trip. Before Wednesday, I had only known Erica online...we both frequent the same Coast Guard spouses forums online. It was fun though, and I am glad I put myself out there....which is not typically my style! Thursday....I could not have been more lazy...and blew off going to the gym. Friday, just as Lee (who had taken leave to have Friday off) and I are getting ready for the trek to the gym...he gets a call...they needed him at work....errr!!!! Saturday was spent getting his things together for his trip to Denver this week, and running errands. What a crappy week for the gym rat I had become.....I felt like crap mentally and physically.


This morning....up early...6:15 on a Sunday for goodness sake!! I get Lee dropped off at the airport to head off to Denver (he has a class there this week)....and I hit the gym on the way home. I am feeling better already....it amazes me how that hour spent on the treadmill or a little bit of time spent on the cycle and the weights, really affect my well being. I get an hour to focus on Jeanine.....and making Jeanine better. Let's hope I can keep it going this week....I am going to drag Elliott with me, so he can swim or work on weights.


Some cool things about last week...got a card from Christine, thank you...it pushed my ass to the gym this morning!! My Aunt Grace finally retired yesterday....I am excited for her...and I am hoping this means she and my Aunt Carole will come down for a visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment