Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lee's damn bike....

The oil filter


Ugh...I am so pissed off, I need to vent a little!

So, we pick up Lee's bike this afternoon. She sounds better than she did the last couple times we heard her. Lee rides her home...she is ok, not great but ok. Lee has been without her a total of six weeks since February....three weeks to get her big repairs done and another three weeks to figure out why she almost made me a widow (she stalled while Lee was on the freeway). Lee gets ready to change the oil...because he bought some special type of oil. Lee has changed the oil in his bike a million times. The last time her oil was changed, it was done at the dealership when we had the big repair done (they replaced all the seals when they worked on the crankcase). Lee drains the oil and goes to remove the oil filter...we had purchased a reusable oil filter a couple years ago, it was $70. Since it was pricey, Lee babies this part...it is maintained and cleaned perfectly with each oil change...and like the bike, looks brand new.

Well...not anymore!

Above, are the pictures I just took of it....it looks like someone stepped on it (the oil filter) and put it back into the bike. I asked Lee if maybe over-torquing the wrench would do this type of damage...no, because there is a spring to keep that from happening. This is not a paper filter, it is a metal filter...built to stand the test of time. We (my dad and us) spent $1800 to fix this bike....at a Honda dealership....I am sick to my stomach....I am pissed. Lee will be there when they open tomorrow...oil filter in hand, and they had better resolve the issue....we can't take Lee's bike back there...if they are willing to put a piece that messed up back into the bike...I am not comfortable letting them touch it again. I feel like we have taken a couple steps forward and three back...with the price of gas, we need this bike to work. I am upset and I can only imagine what Lee feels. I guess we are back to ordering parts online (crossing our fingers that the delays in getting parts from Japan are resolved soon)....we have a part already on back-order until May 24th! Thankfully it is not an essential part.

So....cross your fingers that we can get this issue resolved and get Lee and the bike back on the road!


Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment