Sunday, April 17, 2011

Twenty Four Years....

Late last month marked a pretty big day in Lee's Coast Guard career....he went over 24 years of active duty....thats 8760 days....he has about 11 years of sea time, thats 4015 days away from his family, not to mention the year spent in Bahrain, a year or more in training (away from his family again...and training never stops, he gets more every year)....so needless to say, I am pretty grateful for those days when we just sit on the couch and do nothing. The above picture is Lee receiving his 8th Good Conduct award.


Lee and I went to my friend Leanne's (and her husband Mac) son's wedding. Their son Brock married a beautiful girl named Susan...it was the perfect Ferndale wedding and reception. I cried during the wedding....wondering what it would have been like to see Mason get married, have the mother son dance..you know the drill, I have expressed it before. It was fun to be a part of the fun festivities....they had a photo booth there and Lee and I took fun pictures, we danced to a slow song...I cannot remember the last time we did that, it was wonderful. I love that Lee will let me drag him to these type of things.


This week is Elliott's spring break.....we have nothing planned. We want to get a few pictures taken of him, so I can make his graduation photos...so we are hoping for at least one sunny day. He wants them taken at the beach.


Happy Spring!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment