Elliott, on his first day of 5th grade, September 2003
Elliott, on his first day as a college freshman 8/2011
Well, at least I did not cry when he was looking! Elliott just left for his first day of college. It did not seem so daunting when Mason did it, probably because I knew I still had my "baby" in high school. He has classes on Monday and Wednesday's. Even though he is only going two days out of the week it is considered a full load, because the classes are pretty long. He leaves the house around 8a.m. and won't be home until almost 8p.m. He is taking psychology, geology and an English course. I asked him a few times yesterday if he wanted me to drive him there, and he politely refused.saying he was totally cool with taking the bus. I cannot wait to hear all about it.
Mason lost his wallet on Friday...which of course had all his ID and debit cards in it. By the time I saw the post on Facebook about it, he had already called the bank and taken care of business. His main concern was that his military ID was in there with his and Lee's social security number on it. His military ID had just expired (actually it expired when he got married...) on his 21st birthday...but when you have had that ID since your were 10 and it is drilled into your head not to go anywhere without it, I am sure it was hard to remove it from your wallet...kinda like leaving a piece of your life behind. We got Mace and Lee signed up for credit monitoring...so we now just have to be on the lookout for anything bad to show up. I was impressed that Mace knew exactly what to do in the situation....these boys never cease to amaze me.

No comments:
Post a Comment