The Irises are blooming!!! I was worried, because the buds must be a delicacy to snails and I have been like a crazy woman peeling off the one that made it past the snail and slug bait! It is so beautiful!! I have waited so long for these blooms!!
I was mowing the lawn on Tuesday...May Day...and saw this bouquet of flowers at my door! They are from the elementary school across the street from housing!! I love this kind of stuff! The bouquet was full of fragrant lilies and mums. I love lilies...Lee does not, he hates the smell of them. I saw on facebook that the kids did not leave flowers at every house, so I feel pretty lucky!
Check this out.....I planted some bulbs a couple years ago (our first spring here) in random pots, and I noticed this one when I was getting the mower out. I could only see the buds, I knew whatever it was would, be white but I was unsure of what type of flower it would be....on Wednesday it bloomed...into another really pretty iris! I feel kind of silly being so excited over a couple of flowers, but they remind me of home, and my parents front yard.



No comments:
Post a Comment