Sunday, May 6, 2012

With Mother's Day Coming Up....

Arrielle at 31 weeks along....due date is 8 weeks away!!!  

I guess, I cannot call her "baby girl" anymore.  My sweet Megan went to her 9th grade dance last night!

I have blogged in the past that Mother's Day is hard for me....this year did not get hard until last night.  My sister in-law  Kristen (does not matter to me that she and Mike divorced, she is still my sister in law, and does a great job of keeping me posted on my niece and nephews) , texted me the above picture.  We texted back and forth for a while, I mentioned that I wished my mom could see how pretty Megan was.  Kristen said "I think she looks a lot like your mom"....I never noticed until last night, but Megan does have a resemblance....and as soon as I noticed it too, my heart filled with joy.  

I miss my mom more around Mother's Day, naturally....but lately she has been in my thoughts a lot...mainly because of the things she is missing.  Her third grandchild is graduating this year, her oldest is about to become a dad, her youngest grandchild has blossomed into such a beauty, her second grandchild is finishing his first year at college, and her fourth grandchild is sweet enough to take a moment to chat with his aunt!!  Once grandchildren came...they were the light in her eyes.  I totally get that now, just thinking of Mahoney and my heart swells and I get tears of joy in my eyes.  

I know the grandkids really miss my mom, and they carry her with them as they have grown up.  She would be so proud of them.  As I go about the upcoming week, she will be in my thoughts as I place my hands on Arrielle's belly, and feel my sweet Mahoney kick for the first time.  

Happy Mother's Day Mom, I know it is early...but I will be driving home from seeing Mace and Arrielle, and my family next week...I hope I will be the grandma my grandchildren adore, like you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment