Arrielle...just after I surprised her at Fred Meyer. She is a smart cookie, and kinda figured something was up, because Mason was really protective of his phone. Mason and I texted back and forth the morning of the shower...and he mentioned she was meeting him at work to do some grocery shopping, I thought it would be fun to be casually peeking at stuff in an aisle and surprise her early! I plant myself in the natural foods part of the store...Mason sends Arrielle over to get him something to eat....and as she bends down to get his Clif bar...I turn and say..."I hope you will never feed these weird things to my grandbaby!"...and she gave me a huge hug!! It was totally worth the stress and drive!! I got to go with them to a doctor appointment too, and I heard Mahoney's heartbeat...it was pure magic!!
Mason and Arrielle, just before the shower got into full swing!
Three of my favorite people...Mason, Arrielle and Elliott...just after we had dinner at El Sombrero, our favorite Mexican place in Port Orchard. I also got to surprise my niece, Megan....her mom did not tell her I was going to pick her up for the baby shower...having her fly out of the house, before I even made it to the front door was priceless. I got lots of great hugs that day! I wish I had more time to see my dad though, Elliott and I went for a couple hours. That is the bummer of quick trips, there is just not enough time.
This is kind of a silly picture, but it is my hands making a heart over Arrielle's belly. It is really hard to describe how I feel about becoming a grandmother. I teared up so much the three days I was there. It was very emotional....I even had a special moment with Arrielle's mom, Marielle...she lost her mom too, and we both get sad around mother's day, I hugged her and told her I knew how she felt, and that I cannot stop thinking of how excited my mom would be to see Mason become a daddy. Then we both burst into the ugly cry...but, that was not the only time I cried that day. After the shower, when it was just family around, Arrielle was exhausted, and plunked herself down on the couch. Moneica (Arrielle's youngest sister) was touching her tummy and then Arrielle asked me to sit, she grabbed my hand and I felt Mahoney move...it was incredible....I think my heart grew a hundred fold!!!
It was so nice to see how much others love and support Mason and Arrielle...they received many thoughtful gifts. I even dragged up gifts from my friends here. It meant a lot to me to take those gifts up. I finally had that moment when I saw them, not as my kids...but as adults. I could not be more proud of them. To see how much Mason loves and adores Arrielle is a precious gift...they have come a long way, tread through some mud...but, it brought them to a special place.
I am counting the moments until Lee and I go back together, to meet our sweet Mahoney Jane...only 7 weeks!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment