Monday, September 17, 2012

Second to the last week of September...


Mahoney checking out her activity center!!  She is so adorable!  


It's my birthday week....and I got a good case of the birthday blah's.  It is not because I am getting older, although I still cannot believe I am gonna be 46!  For the last few years -since 2006- I associate my birthday with my mom telling me her time was limited.  I do this because, my mom waited to tell me about her cancer until after my birthday...because she did not want to ruin my special day.  Jeez...just writing it makes my throat feel like I swallowed a super bounce ball!  It is kinda like a wound that heals from January to September....and then the scab gets scraped off, and the wound hurts all over again when fall rolls around.  So...I am feeling a little tender to the touch!

However, I have so much in my life that makes each day special.  My Mahoney, I cannot get enough pictures or videos of her.  The second my phone alerts me to a message...I am on it like Donkey Kong!  It pings when Arrielle or Mason post a photo on facebook, and when I get a text message...that hopefully has a picture attached.  My Lee, yesterday was the 23rd anniversary of our first date...I have officially been with Lee half of my life!  How awesome is that!!!  My family and friends...I adore them.

Hmmm...what else is going on??  I have been scouring the internet for the best prices on cold weather motorcycle gear for Lee.  It's expensive, but essential!  His pants are so worn that by the time he gets to work on a rainy day, it looks like he has wet his pants!  His coat is finally wearing out too....we actually bought Lee's coat and pants before he even bought his bike...which makes them 10 years old!  I think they were worth the money!!  He has picked out the replacements, and I am looking for the best prices.  My only request is that we go with "high visibility" yellow.  Not a fashion statement, I know....but I never fear Lee's motorcycle skills, I fear the driver that cannot see him.  It will also be an advantage when we get back to WA, because there is a heck of a lot more traffic there.

I have been faithfully writing my cousin Lenny, who is currently incarcerated.  He lost his mom, my Aunt Carole, about a year and a half ago...so I am trying to help him with that.  Kinda funny, especially on weeks like this one...where I miss my mom like mad!  He is taking courses while he serves his time...horticulture!  I am proud of him.  He asked me to find him information on bonsai trees....I found 19 pages worth.  I bet the people that read the mail before it is distributed to the inmate, are gonna wonder what the Hell is in that super fat envelope.

The weather is definitely starting to feel like fall, much cooler in the evenings.  I am the only person I know, that wishes it would rain on her birthday!  I am ready for it....I love rainy days and a good storm!  I have some fall decorations already up in the living room.  Did I tell ya...I LOVE FALL!!!  Lee is already excited about making a trek to the pumpkin patch, for a wagon load of pumpkins to decorate the porch for Halloween!


Much love...and more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment