Thursday, December 13, 2012

Dear Mom 2012.....

Our Christmas tree....with pictures of our family behind it.  I love my picture wall...just seeing everyone's photos makes me smile!!


Dear Mom,

Another year has passed (I have survived six year without you now), and I found myself thinking of you so often.  I have taken on the role, I believe you loved the most...Grandma!!  WOW!!!  Nothing prepares you for the love you feel for your grandchildren...it is pretty amazing.  Every thing she does fills my soul with love and pride, and she cannot even talk yet!  Sometimes I see you, in her eyes, and I think of how over the moon you would have been over her.  The best part Mom, is seeing Mason with her...its incredible.  He is such a loving and supportive father (and husband)...seeing him as a daddy makes me feel like I did pretty well as a mommy.

It is Christmas again, and for the last 5 Christmases I have felt detached from the fun of the holiday, like I was just going through the motions.  This year, everything changed...I cannot wait to see Mahoney's picture while sitting on Santa's knee.  The magic of Christmas came back...and I realized just how much I missed it.  I helped dad send toys to her, he was specific that he wanted one to be kinda noisy.  I am pretty sure he will buy her drums as soon as she is big enough.  You would be proud of him.

I could go over every memory of this past year, but I feel you around me all the time now.  Sometimes, I catch your words coming out of my mouth...and I smile, and giggle too.  I am one feisty chick....and its my favorite part of me, because it reminds me of you.

You are missed everyday.  There is not a moment that goes by, that I don't wish I could share it with you.  

I love you Mom, forever and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment