From Port Orchard, looking toward PSNS (where Mason works) and Bremerton, with the Olympic range in the back.
Holy cannoli....what a week and it is only Wednesday. On Monday, the neighbors dog bit my damn finger! I have watched her before (which consists of letting her out a couple times a day and feeding her)...and it was not a great experience. So, I should have known it would not get any better this time. She won't go out to "use the lawn" when her family is not there. I end up going over and leaving the back door open, in hopes she will go out, and then return in an hour to shut it. When the dog is growling at me and showing me her teeth...it is a little terrifying. Now, I am afraid to tell them that "Hell No!" I won't be watching your dog next time they decide to go out of town...Lee will likely put his foot down on that one!
Speaking of Lee, he has an inspection this week at work. Specifically his office, a group of people come up from Alameda and make sure everything is being done correctly. He is doing awesome!! I reminded him that, with all the drama in his office, and lack of personnel... getting a great review is a direct reflection of him, and how well he does his job. It is days like these that make me want to say "Stupid Coast Guard...you will miss him when he is gone!!!"
The guys only have a little over a week left of their fall classes....I know they are both ready for the winter break. Lee said he think he might not take a class next semester, because he needs to get his resume ready for when he retires....we will see, I know he likes learning. Right now, he has a perfect score in his Federal Acquisition and Contract Management class. I am very proud of my guys!!
I am getting ready for an inspection too....our annual housing inspection. So, I have been doing a little spring cleaning so to speak. Nothing to extreme...which is nice. They are just coming in and making sure the house does not look like an episode of hoarders inside and that we have not remodeled the rooms! It is all good!
20 days until Christmas...and except for one thing for Mahoney...I am ready! Trucker's parade is this weekend!! Woohoo!

No comments:
Post a Comment