Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Forty Seven and counting.....

My surprise birthday cake!!  Susan ordered it for me!  I have decided surprise cakes are the best!! My buddy Cirrus got me one last year!

Mahoney Jane, devouring my birthday cake!  She loved the lemony goodness!!!

In the last, say...8 years, I have come to not really love my birthday, like I used to.  I know I say it every year, but my birthday marks the season of mourning my mom.  Every year,  I hope for the best.  I had pretty much given up on this one too...but, some had other plans! I got flowers delievered from Susan on Friday, she even remembered that fall arrangements are my faves.  I awoke on my birthday to a banner strung across the living room ceiling...and it just got better from there.  I hate when Lee asks me what I want for my birthday...we have been married for almost 24 years, shouldn't he know what I like by now??  This year I was convinced I was getting a gift card...but he surprised me, with a Union Jack mug, ginger scented soaps from England and not one but two boxes of See's chocolates!  Woo hoo!  Saturday was also spent with my Miss Mahoney, since her parents both had to work.  Shortly after picking her up, Lee took off with the truck to pick up the surprise cake Susan had ordered...yummo!  After his return, more flowers came...these were from Lee, he remembered the arrangement he sent me from Bahrain...roses and lilies.  Our budget is quite different from back then, but the three roses and three stargazer lilies meant just as much as the huge arrangement he sent me back then.  My phone and facebook page blew up with sweet wishes. My niece and nephew (Megan and Shawn) stopped by with a dozen homemade cupcakes in the afternoon...the next morning I thanked their mom for the delicious morsels of chocolate goodness!  We did not go out for dinner, opting for frozen pizza at home...I actually love frozen pizza (Tombstone is my favorite...yeah, I know I am weird).  My husband and kids were all with me for the evening...it was nice, and for a moment I did not worry about a damn thing...and that was the best gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment